Tuesday 30 January 2018

Introducing Lindsey Matthews...

“26 dub / tech house / Minimal DJ”; “Self-taught from the small city of Swansea currently living in LONDON”; “Known for her breaks and impeccable baselines throughout her unique sets”; “Music has always been a huge part of her life since a young age”; just some of things you will read in her biography…

East Project are super happy to have been able to get Lindsey involved on the label, with an amazing remix of Absolute Terrace from Matt Fear, a top mix for our monthly slot on the DEEP:TECH radio show, as well as some original dub tech goodness coming later in the year.



Hey Lindsey, tell us what you are up to over the next few months?

I’m being quite selective as to what bookings I take at the minute. I will be playing some cool parties & festivals over the next few months. But I am mainly focusing on my producing at the moment which I’m sure you will all get to hear very soon

What were your highlight of 2017?

I had an amazing year, 2017 was a learning curve for me. Playing all summer in Ibiza & having the opportunity to play at Lovebox Festival was one to remember. But my highlight from 2017 has to be playing at one of my favourite venues in London 'Village Underground" for Solo Danza alongside Andrea Oliva & Neverdogs. The vibe was unreal & it is without a doubt one of the parties to watch in London in 2018

For anyone that has not caught a Lindsey Matthews set, tell us what they should expect?

I mean every DJ is different, but I feel I have my own style & vibe behind the decks. I like to mix up vocal lyrics with my dubby vibe. I am growing as a DJ & looking up to Apollonia… I feel my vibe is heading towards that direction.

What artists out there at the moment are your inspirations?

I have a few inspirations, Rossko, Guti, but at the moment Peggy Gou has to be my inspiration. After watching her at Circo Loco at DC she is definitely up there with her sound & energy.

Last question... If you were stranded on a desert island, what one album would you bring along to listen to and why?

That is a tough question as I adapt my music to the mood I am in. But it has to be Jamiroquai, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love that guy

DEEP:TECH radio show featuring LINDSEY MATTHEWS:

For more on Lindsey Matthews, go to:


No comments:

Post a Comment