Friday 28 February 2014

East Project Episode 8 Feat. GORKIZ + interview!

For the 8th episode of the East Project Podcast and this article, we welcome along label friend Gorkiz.  His latest release, the "Everybody  EP", is out on Clap7, a new Brazilian label run by Dakar Carvalho, that is also scheduled to give East Project's very own Rough Cut, their first release!!

Diego, aka Gorkiz / Divine X, is one of the producers of sorority that has been highlighted in Brazil and onto the world stage, with releases on labels such as: Datagroove Music, Wasabi Recordings, Komitee Recordings Ibiza, Crossworld Records and Wired.  Gorkiz has a solid understanding of diversity and a great taste in music, readily amplified by his open mind and soul.  He has also received great support from DJs and producers such as Richie Hawtin, Dalbe, Anthony Nero, Deltano Ds, Marvin, to name a few...

We caught up with Gorkiz to ask him a few questions before he put this mix together for us...  Enjoy!!



Where are you from and what are you up to?

I am from Sorocaba, an important city of São Paulo State.  I started getting into music at the age of 12 and today I am 25 years old.  At the moment I DJ professionally and I am interested in increasing my exposure in Europe via Eletronic Music.

What are your influences and does coming from Brazil impact on your sound?

My influences are people like: Betoko, Maxxi Soundsystem, DashDot and my Brazilian DJs are: Vintage Culture, Sonic Future, Funky Fat.  All very Good!!  My fans give me great feedback
in Brazil, with full nightclubs, so I have now received invitations to perform around Europe.

Can you tell us your highlight moment for 2013?

My highlight moment in 2013 was joining Chemical Surf to produce a track together and that track is due for release in March 2014 via Kittball Records, based in Germany.  It was a very nice moment.

How would you describe your sound to anyone that has not heard of you?

My sound is progressive, with nice melodies and always high bass.

What are your plans for 2014?

Promote my sound around Brazil and Europe.


Quick fire round:

Ableton or Logic?Ableton

CDJs or Vinyl? - Vinyl

Soundcloud or Mixcloud?Soundcloud

Deep or G-house?G-House


Thank you!



East Project Episode 8 Feat. GORKIZ available for download from the following links:

Soundcloud
Podomatic
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment