Wednesday 28 January 2015

Introducing... Ghostee!

In only a few days, East Project's first release will finally be hitting the Beatport shelves and with a debut release that features five excellent artists, we thought it only fair to catch up with them and get a little background info on each!

Today is the turn Dj/Producer... Ghostee!



Please introduce yourself:

Hello I'm Ghostee, I'm a 26 year old house producer / DJ from London.

How would you describe your sound?

I would say my sound is dark and heavy, I listen to a lot of old grime so, I think that comes across in my music sometimes. I find it really hard to make uplifting happy music; it always turns into something dark.

Who would you say is your biggest influence and has helped shape your style?

At the moment Hugo Massien and Blazey are having a big impact on the music I'm making, they raise the levels every time they put something out and it's different to everything else out there, also Blazey helps me a lot by giving me feedback on everything I'm making almost instantly.

If you could only do one, producing or DJing?

At the moment I'm really enjoying the production side, I sit for hours messing about with things and coming up with mad ideas for tunes. Saying that, I haven't played many DJ sets yet; they have mainly been small parties; I can imagine playing to a few thousand people would be amazing! So promoters hit me up for bookings haha.

You're a London boy, so where is your normal stomping ground on a night out?

To be honest this year I haven't been out as much as I should have really… I have a daughter so she keeps me busy at the weekends. I used to go to fabric a lot; that place is special to me! The nights I've had in there will be hard to beat and I've met people I still talk to now in that place.
The nest on a Friday is good as well, they always have good line-ups, but Yeah fabric has made a massive impact on me and is the reason I wanted to be a DJ.

I just want to say a quick shout out to Nightshift, Louie Anderson and Brackles for the support and letting people know who I am.

East Project Friends Vol 1
Out on BEATPORT on Monday 2nd Feb!

Follow Ghostee at the following places:


No comments:

Post a Comment