Thursday 26 February 2015

Introducing... Papa Marlin!

In the final of our interviews with the artists that featured on our debut release, we caught up with the excellent Papa Marlin...  He's the one who provided the Friends Vol1 EP with some funky as you like, break-beat style house beats to go with the rest of our deep house and nu-disco ensemble.

Read on and get you ears around this!!



1 - Please introduce yourself?

Hello. This is Papa Marlin. Real name Rustam Lyalenkov. I was born and live all my life in Ukraine. Music making for 15 years and I begun with the rock music. House music has been for the year, and as you can see, I have not too bad success! ;) Probably very few people can imagine their life without music. So do I! So here I am! ;)

2 - What is the music scene like in the Ukraine?

oh, this is a very sensitive issue! There are so many people who are in love with electronic music. but there are many factors that do not allow this to develop. There are many people who make this music and make it well, but most of them are simply lost in the problems of life. Perhaps that is why the scene is not stable.  But house music has always been in the trend. and that's fine! ;) In the Ukraine it is quite possible to have thousands of full dance floors and those people would be honest and open! ;)

3 - Is house music and the sound you produce popular?

While I was not popular, luckily I got interested in by some serious people who will certainly help me in promoting my career! ;) To be honest, I'm afraid to be popular. I'm not a fan of such things! it would be cool to know my name, but did not know who I really am! ;)


4 - You have released on a host of different labels (ABCDeep, LouLou, HOH, Sleazy G) but what has been your favourite release so far and why?

Perhaps it is foolish to say that some of your releases are bad! Just for me there are more important releases... It does not matter on what label they come out on, the main thing is that I like them and the people on the dance floor! I generally try to do such tracks, so they can be to listen not only on the dance floor, but also at home, in the car on the way to work! Now there is this crazy flow of information and music! And if your track is trending for at least six months, then it's very cool ... and if your track has listens and plays a couple of years, I believe that you are popular. ;)))

5 - Do you prefer producing or DJing?

Definitely for me is the most important thing is producing rather than DJing. It's very simple, if there are no producers, then there are no DJs!

Find out more about Papa Marlin here:



No comments:

Post a Comment