Sunday 14 December 2014

Dado Prisco... Interview and Podcast!

In the East Project office, we definitely seem to have a love affair going on with the Brazilians right now and we have managed to get another of their rising stars to provide us with one almighty mix for our Podcast series...

This time round we welcome the excellent DADO PRISCO!!!

INTERVIEW

What are you up to at the moment?

Now I’m getting ready for next year`s summer in Europe, which I’ll be staying for 4 months touring, so now I have to get a good number of tracks ready so they can all be released next year, also a few remixes and a compilation compiled by me for the German label Kiez Beatz, which is made of only Brazilian artists to show how much diversity we have in the electronic music scene in Brazil. And I’m working on about 7 original tracks with vocalists as well, to be released next year.

You have done quite a few bootlegs, what is your favourite to date and why?

I think my favourite is the Marvin Gaye one, that track is really strong and always works on the dancefloor, I’m working with a vocalist on it actually, to maybe make it as an original track so it can be released.

If you could remix any track past or present, what would it be and why?

It would be Shadows, from Hot Since 82 feat. Alex Mills. I just love the vocals so much, and the track hits so hard that it’s only possible to play at peak time of a set. I would love to do a more chilled version so it could be played in other situations as well, because I think the vocals would work perfectly.

If we was to come out to Floripa for a night out, where would you take us and what is the best club for music?

I would probably take you to Warung, which is 40min from Floripa but it's the craziest club for music and vibes. But if it had to be in Floripa, I would take you to Terrazzo, which is an outside area of Pacha and they have crazy line ups as well, and are very well known for partying up until midday... ahaha

In 2014, what labels for you have made the biggest impact?

I really liked the stuff that came out on Objektivity, very unique tracks!  I pretty much bought all of it and played them out a lot. Also Still Vor Talent, I really like their stuff, always releasing good music.

What do you predict is going to be big for you in 2015?

I’m working at the moment with well established vocalists for a few tracks, which will have potential for some bigger labels, so I hope they work out and they get to be released by them and also to have more shows in Europe for the summer.


To find out more about Dado Prisco, try the following links:


No comments:

Post a Comment