Thursday 18 December 2014

MUSICALITY... Interview & Podcast!

As further proof to our Brazilian love affair and the fact it is Christmas, we have a second podcast for the month and this time it is from the excellent MUSICALITY!

Expect a house extravaganza!!




Hi Rafael, you've started a new project recently under the alias Musicality. Can you tell us a bit about that and what’s coming up over the next few month?

Hello !! okay !! I would like to thank East Project for the opportunity of this interview.  The purpose I use the name Musicality was to change the principle of a common name for a stage name, and also because as electronic music here in Brazil is growing, I began to realize that many people who never had any connection with music, started coming to this branch and that a lot of bad music and many errors started to appear.  So I chose that name Musicality, which is the minimum that a musician or music producer can offer your audience.

When you meet somebody that does not know you are a dj for the first time, how do you introduce yourself?

Present myself as an ordinary person like all the others, but in the middle of the conversation, she says she likes electronic music, I say I like it a lot too and a I'm DJ and music producer.

If you had to pick one track you have made, what would be your favourite?

Another producer would be, Maceo Plex - Can not Leave You! One of mine would be, Musicality - I Do not Feel Nothing (Original Mix)!!

If you could collaborate with any producer, who would it be and why?

Here in Brazil all the producers would help a lot and collaborate with one another. I always collaborate on the musical part, so I understand more and if I have any questions, I ask for help too but that is quite rare. We all collaborate with one another because I know that one day I might need them too.

The music scene in Brazil, tell us how it is at present and any producers who are really making their mark on the scene?

As I said in the previous answer the scene of electronic music here in Brazil is growing, and with that comes lots of people trying to get into the business and also some very good music producers who really understand the subject and are making a name in the scene as: Loud Control, Grove Delight, pLASTC Robots, Flex B, Rafael Carvalho (Cuff), Alok Live, Live Vegas, Kash, Chemical Surf, Dashdot, Flow and Zeo, Gabriel Boni, HNQO, Gabe, Hot Bullet, Dakar Oak, Vintage Culture , The Duo, Wehbba, Gustavo Mota, Re Dupre, Rodolfo Zhor, Felipe Godoi, Max Duke, Dash Groove, Kriptus Gomes, Black Soulp, DJ Glen, Anderson Beher, Violent Marco, Lauro Viotti, Handersondj, Dake and many others that did not remember now...

But those who are being quoted throughout Brazil and abroad, making a name for themselves, making money and most importantly doing what you love, it is important to note that although the electronic music scene in Brazil is growing, the difficulties to be recognized here, it is still different to other countries.


To find out more about Musicality, click on the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment